I am pleased to welcome you to the Department of Wildlife and Ecotourism Management, University of Ibadan.
The Department, throughout its history, has remained committed to excellence in teaching, mentoring, and scholarly research that offers a rich academic experience in an environment of inclusion and access through inspired, student-centered education, creative activities and research, innovation, and engagement that improve the quality of life. We are a place where world-class academics open big-time doors, and where you are a part of the family from your very first day. The Department provides all the tools you need to turn your dreams into reality. It is a place of high-value innovation and bold impact
The students are surrounded by expert mentors and dedicated Faculty as they pursue their interests and forge their legend through hands-on research and learning to realize their potentials and reach the highest levels of achievement.
To produce competent and skilled Wildlife and Nature-tourism professionals that will readily fit into the fast-evolving technology-driven and competitive public and private sectors.
- To expand the frontiers of knowledge in Wildlife and Ecotourism Management in the new global ideology of sustainable management of renewable natural resources.
- To transform society through innovation in a fast-evolving high technology and eco-friendly environment.
- To be a world-class centre of excellence in scholarship, research, outstanding output and services in nature tourism and wildlife management
Our goal is to maintain a stimulating learning community that produces society-ready graduates that have the knowledge and skills necessary to become leaders in the stewardship of the world’s natural resources. Our students will:
- Become knowledgeable and skilled in science, policy, and sustainable resources management.
- Learn to analyze complex problems at multiple scales and to make connections systematically.
- Learn to ask probing questions by acquiring skills as critical thinkers.
- Become effective communicators.
- Become versed in the use of current qualitative, quantitative and technical skills to achieve excellence in their discipline.
Our goals are:
(i) to provide science-based research, instruction, and extension that support wildlife conservation and nature tourism management in an ecologically, economically, and socially sustainable fashion.
(ii) to be a leader in wildlife, ecotourism and environmental management research concerning natural resources at local, national, and global scales.
The Department will provide a stimulating intellectual environment and engage in research that improves understanding of wildlife management and nature tourism. Our faculty will be leaders in their disciplines. We will provide significant opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to engage in research.
The Department of Wildlife and Ecotourism Management is comprised of internationally renowned teaching and research faculty members, many of whom are recognized as leaders in their research fields. In addition, we have dedicated non-academic staff who provide quality instructions and guidance to our students.
The Department offers Bachelor of Science Degree in Wildlife and Ecotourism Management.
The Department offers:
Two masters degree programmes
(i) Masters in Science in Wildlife Management and
(ii) Masters in Science in Ecotourism Management
One postgraduate diploma
(i) Postgraduate diploma in Biodiversity Management
Two programmes under Doctors of Philosophy
- PhD in Wildlife Management
- PhD in Ecotourism Management
Each programme has its own area of expertise and faculty advisors (though some interests and faculty advisors can be cross-cutting).
Once again, you are welcome
Professor Abosede O. OMONONA (PhD; FCVSN)
Departmental pictures and documentaries can be accessed through the links below: